Former porn star – indicted on 34 counts of sexual assault – to be released to ‘private residence’ as rape cases are frozen

News & Politics

Former porn star Ron Jeremy – who was accused of rape by more than 20 women – will be released to a “private residence” due to his deteriorating health.

Jeremy – whose full name is Ronald Jeremy Hyatt — was first charged with 34 counts of sexual assault in 2020, including 12 counts of rape. The allegations stemmed as far back as 1996, and the alleged victims ranged in age from 15 to 51.

In 2021, Jeremy was indicted on 34 criminal counts based on allegations brought by 21 women. Hyatt pleaded not guilty to all of the charges.

As Blaze News previously reported, Hyatt was unable to appear in court because of his deteriorating health, and his trial was halted in March 2022.

You Might Like

The defense and prosecution agreed that Hyatt was not competent to stand trial because of cognitive impairments caused by severe dementia.

Jeremy, 70, was placed under a conservator earlier this year and had been housed at the Men’s Central Jail in downtown Los Angeles.

On Friday, a judge granted a request for Hyatt to be released to a private residence where he will receive “round-the-clock medical care.” The Los Angeles Times reported that “no medical facility will take him,” which set up his release from jail to a private residence.

The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office informed Fox News that Jeremy “does not have the ability to leave a residence.”

The D.A. warned that Hyatt was accused of assaulting caregivers in the past and could strike again, but the judge said the “public guardian is responsible for that and could hire male caregivers and overruled our objection.”

Los Angeles County Deputy District Attorney Paul Thompson wrote to Jeremy’s victims that the former porn star’s “medical condition has deteriorated to the point that he is essentially bedridden.”

“I feel very badly that this is where we are, but it is beyond our control. His mental and physical condition deteriorated rapidly, and we are left with no other options,” Thompson told Jeremy’s accusers. “I’m sorry that we couldn’t get complete justice for you in court.”

Jeremy’s attorney, Stuart Goldfarb, said of his client, “He’s not competent to go [on] trial and he’s not been proven guilty, but he’s charged with a serious felony. What do you do with him? Most importantly, how do you protect the public, and equally as important, how do you protect his civil rights? He ends up in a facility that’s secure, so the public is not at risk and he doesn’t have to be housed in prison.”

Jeremy had starred in adult movies since the 1970s.

Jeremy’s last on-screen appearance came in 2020.

Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!

Articles You May Like

‘Propaganda Machine’: Bongino Scolds Alex Soros for ‘Straight up Lying’ on Contentious DA Post
Speaker Johnson: We Have The Votes to Launch Full Impeachment Inquiry into Joe Biden
The Morning Briefing: George Santos Shouldn’t Have Been Tossed From the GOP Clown Car
Hypocritical New York Times Warns That if Trump Wins in 2024 He Might Target His Political Opponents – Like Joe Biden is Doing Right Now
ABC, NBC Celebrate ‘Problems…Mounting’ for DeSantis, Cheer Trump ‘Stomp’

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *